Tuesday, May 22, 2007

please forgive . . .

. . . the pity-party posts as of late.

Unfortunately, they do reflect my state of mind these days.

I really could do better to forge a happier helmet to wear during these particular days of reckoning. But such fortitude isn't really my way.

Better to wallow, so I clearly say.

Or, is it?

I'm thinking that I truly am a follower of illogical perspectives on relationships. That is, if tenure is my boyfriend, I'm driven to believe he doesn't want me, so I'll do anything I can to make that perception a reality. Reject him before he rejects me. Make our communion impossible before he does.

How can I let him know how hard I've worked for him when I feel thoroughly compelled to make him believe that I never cared about him from the beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment