Wednesday, October 4, 2006

teach me, please

I've been watching an HBO Dane Cook special for over a half hour and I haven't even smiled. I know I'm all morose and shit, but I'm still capable of the occasional titter. I've even guffawed in the last eight months. More than a few times. But this guy? Nuthin'.

How and when did he become so popular? And, why? And what's up with that hand gesture? what does it mean? And--and I know you can't really answer this, but--why does his voice irritate the fuck outta me? It's not just his timbre, tone, and pitch. It's his inflection. His pacing. His voice makes me want to shovel-feed him ether.

And, yes, I do realize that I have readers who think that my little rant here is an attempt to out-funny DC as I diss him. But I don't care. Judge at will. I'm all morose and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment