Monday, December 4, 2006

let's pretend

Let's pretend that I haven't been gone for a month. And . . .

  • That I don't have terrible circumstances I must endure at work.
  • That I don't have to go up for tenure in 9 months.
  • That I didn't ruin my chances for tenure by spending too much time ensuring the publication of others and standing up to department bullies who happen to be full professors.
  • That I don't think I should get out of this place.
  • That I don't think I may have made a mistake by not applying for a job for which I was asked to apply.
  • That I wasn't majorly betrayed by my closest senior department advocate.
  • That I haven't lost 4 departmental allies in the last 4 years and that I'm not about to lose 3 more.
Let's just pretend, 'kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment