Monday, July 16, 2007

. . . the kindness of not-so-strangers

Receiving accolades during this production-dry and climate-sweaty summer is more than I could've hoped for, but kind words have been given and expressed gratitude is required. Thank you, dear Mags, Medusa, and lil'rumpus, for this honor you've bestowed upon me.



Being named a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" has tickled my troubled spirits. Please do know that, if I had been better attentive to our community these past few weeks, I would've done the same for you.

Now. my nominees. I'll list them in the order I found them. (I don't think any of them have been nominated yet, and there are others deserving of the award, but of all this I can't be certain. I've been away too long and oveer a thousand posts awaiting me on Bloglines.)

1. PowerProf. I've been reading her since before I started my own blog. She's inspired me, frightened me, delighted me, and taught me. Taught me, perhaps most of all, that one can do more than merely survive; one can thrive. I pray to possesses her degree of persistence.

2. Cheeky Prof. Unlike Cheeks, I'm not Slovak by blood, but I am by rearing. So, my Slovak Sister she is! But if you're not Slovak, you'll love her for her strength and hilarity as she gives way better than she takes in this ironically shit-for-brains world we call Academe.

3. shrinkykitten. I can't sew, find bargains, or eat with the health of my innards in mind; but shrinks makes me want to. She also makes me confront the myriad and insidious ways that women get the shaft. More important, she inspires me with her survival skills. She's crafty in all the best senses of the word.

4. Chaser. A Renaissance Woman among us! Paintings, sculpture, literature, film, philosophy, socioeconomicgenderracialreligious issues, you name it! Chaser has meaty things to say about it all. Read her with the appetite she deserves. Chew on her thoughts, savor what she shares, and burp with gratitude so you can consume some more.

5. Neophyte. A young aspiring academic so reflexive, so insightful--so outsightful--you'll find yourself saying, "'Neophyte' my ass!" I often find myself reluctant to respond to her posts because I can't help but think that anything I have to say would be so, like, obvious and trite and stuff to this mighty mouse. I hope she knows somewhere inside herself how precious she is.

So, there they are. My nominations. I have not idea if any of these folks read (or are still reading) me. But if they are, I say, "Rock on you rockin' girls." And to the rest of ya, read these lovelies. They're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment