Sunday, July 22, 2007

mall vertigo

AntsyPants and I just returned from the mall. The ridiculously swank and tony mall that actually calls itself a "plaza" because "mall" is too pedestrian. But it's a mall. And it made me physically ill--woozy, nauseated, and headachey--like all malls do. More so, actually. This mall makes me super-sick. It's the kind of mall where woman actually wear diamond tennis bracelets for "casual wear."

But we had to go there because AntsyPants has become a big fan of Lush. He didn't want to order any of his products online because, as the company warns, they could melt during delivery. And now that we're home, I'm happy with my half-pound purchase of this--which I will use ironically to wash of the ick I feel from paying big money for luxury items that come from swank and tony malls.

I know, I know. Lush is a socio-environmentally responsible company that resists corporate dogma, etc., etc., etc. But seriously, no one on this planet needs Lush products.

No comments:

Post a Comment